We are looking for a junior to mid-level traffic engineer (Approx. 5 years’ experience) to work across all of our projects. You will work alongside highly regarded industry leaders to guide you through the next stages of your career as a professional traffic engineer.
You will work within a relatively small team and be involved in all stages of project delivery. You will also have the autonomy to lead your own projects, communicate with clients and road authorities directly and participate in proposals and business development activities – all with guidance and support from experts to grow your skills.
This is a newly created position ideally suited to someone with a few years’ experience in the industry. Some of the skills required for the role include:
- Tertiary qualification in transport planning, traffic engineering, or similar with relevant industry experience;
- Contributions to technical assessments in traffic engineering, car parking, transport design, road safety, traffic management, active and public transport;
- Traffic modelling experience, particularly with SIDRA;
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant Austroads and Australian Standard documents;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and swept path software;
- An interest or qualification in Road Safety Auditing would be welcomed;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to represent the company when liaising directly with clients and other professionals;
- Excellent analytical skills and an aptitude to write effective technical engineering reports to a high standard; and
- Effective skills in working as a team member to progress projects and prepared to commit to deadlines.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment that focuses on accuracy, quality and timely deliverables. Your day-to-day job tasks will vary across all sectors of our business.